Things to do
Activities near our accommodation in Houtbosch Bay, Jeffrey's Bay
Jeffrey's Bay is situated 75 km from the metropolitan area of Port Elizabeth and the Airport. Therefore all major city facilities and attractions such as movies, shopping centres, casino available.
Other popular day trips from Jeffrey's Bay are the Addo Elephant Park, the Baviaanskloof Wilderness Area, the Tsitsikamma Forest and much more.
There are various adventures and activities in the nearby area such as:
- Beach horse riding
- Quad Adventures
- Game drives
- Bird watching
- Dolphin and Whale watching
- Sand boarding
- Scuba Diving
- Lombardini 7km away where you can arrange for a game drive
- Addo Elephant Park a day trip away - 120km, big 5 or the only park in the world for the big 7
- Arrange for a picnic basket (extra cost) and breakfast at picnic spot in Park
- You can arrange a trip to bird Island to see the whales and dolphins
- Deep sea fishing trips can be arranged (Marlin and Tuna during May)
- Trips to St Francis are a firm favourite with a boat cruise (sundowner) on the canals.
- Marina Martinique is 1 km away where you can eat at the Marina Dwarf restaurant and arrange for a boat trip on canals and see the beauty of Marina Martinique
- Jeffreys Bay 5 km away where you can shop anything needed also a Fountains mall (10km) and don’t forget the shell shop and the shell museum in Jeffreys Bay
The Honeymoon suite is situated right on an open , quiet ,wide ,broad beach with silver white sand, where. You can swim, fish and walk all along beach picking up shells to Walskipper and Tapas (1 km). Two Informal restaurants right on the beach or a long walk 15 km to St Francis bay.
Bowls and Golf tours
- Jeffrey's Bay Bowling and Golf Club 5 km
- Humansdorp Bowling Club and Zartenbosch Golf Course 15 km
- St Francis bay Bowling Club, St Francis Golf Club en St Francis Links 30km
- Port Elizabeth 75km ( 8 Bowling Clubs in PE)
Groups can be accommodated for and Golf & Bowling can be arranged in surrounding towns.
Houtboschbay Bird Restaurant
A bird watchers paradise, right next to the Houtboschbay honeymoon suite with jacuzzi and you can watch from your balcony plenty wild birds 112 species identified already and plenty wildlife like the rare blue duikers, grey duiker, grey and water mongoose large spotted genets all feasting on bird food on a daily basis.